Monday, December 12, 2011

Sports: Houston Texans Win 2011 AFC South Division



10-3. Can you believe it? I mean, like,  the Texans are 10-3. Alright, now, not only do they have their best record in its franchise history, but we're finally in the playoffs after 9 years in the NFL. Took awhile, but we got there. lol. Finally. I know alot of dedicated Texan fans are now grinning a big smile on their face right about now, huh?....as they should. I mean, lets face it, fans went through alot of hard times with this team over the years. Late game debacles. Disappointing seasons. Boneheaded mistakes on & off the field. I mean that goes without saying....every NFL team has their issues and whatnot, but its frustrating for us because we know in our hearts, we're better than that. 

And I think that's what your seeing this season, us cutting back on our huge mental mistakes that have plagued us over the years and playing with an reinvigorated attitude & energy we've yet to see (at least on a consistent basis). Not to mention having two of the best runningbacks in the NFl in  Ben Tate & Arian Foster and the number 1 rated defense in the NFL helps. Whats even more amazing is that we've done it with significant injuries this season; QB Matt Schaub, WR Andre Johnson, DE/LB Mario Williams. Normally, these injuries would have effected any other team, but in turn, I think they've made the Texans a more strong-minded & determined team. 

Now going forward, I'd like for the Texans to of course go all the way. That's right. I'm talking about the Superbowl. I know, I know....wishful thinking on my part right?. Your probably thinkin'....."Hey dude, chill. lol  I know they won the division and everything & that's cool and whatnot. But Superbowl? really bro? "....lol.  

Look, can you blame me? I mean, I'm a hometown guy, so, naturally I'd want them to go all the way. Plus, it'd make my dream sports fantasy become halfway true(I'll tell your guys about that later, lol). Yo, but all jokes aside, I think we got a decent shot at it. Granted its our 1st time in the playoffs, but they keep playing defense they way the been playing, running the ball effective, and keep a balanced attack with Yates throwing the football , you never know.

Until then, my proud Texan fans,  keep up the support & spirit and to the NFL Houston Texans, congratulations again on winning the AFC South. 



No comments:

Post a Comment