Monday, February 7, 2011

Sports: Packers defeat Steelers in Superbowl XLV, 31-25


I watched the game, like millions around the world also. Sparingly though, I was tired from work and was doing other things on the net. Anyways, around halftime, with the Steelers down 21-3, I thought they'd find a way to pull through.I was like, "okay, i'm not gon' trip. They down by 18, but they can still comeback, put points on the board and stop Rodgers. Boy was I wrong. I mean granted they got back into the game in the 3rd quarter. But it was the crucial fumble by Pittsburg RB Mendenhall in the 4th quarter that shifted the vibe to the packers. Big Ben came close with 1:59 left in the 4th, however, the strong-faced "black & yellow" soldiers couldn't pull through. The offense failed to deliver and with the clock whinding down, the packers won the game. 31-25 was the final score.

On a side note, here's the celebratory song. Of course, you know its Lil Waynes remix to Black & Yellow, the appropriately titled, "Green & Yellow". Cover art & song at the bottom. Enjoy.lol

 

No comments:

Post a Comment